Friday, April 17, 2009

Playing.


A blog I read, I Heart Faces, has an editing challenge, and this time I decided to give it a go.

I played with THIS and made THIS:


now i will try and remember what the heck i did!(I usually just play around until its not blown but its still bright and colorful)
In Lightroom...
up the contrast and brightness. add recovery. add vibrance. up the lights and darks in tonal curves.

In Elements...
defog. dodge the catchlights. burn the background. burn the highlights. a screen layer at 10%. up the contrast in levels.

i think that's it.

3 comments:

  1. Great job! The colors are so much more vibrant and the crop really pulls your eye to my little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how many people are using lightroom. I'm loving the fixes done with it, including yours. I think it's time for me to download a trial version.

    ReplyDelete